Wednesday 8 February 2012

I'm going to cut right to my laugh of the day, mostly because it is still fresh and I'm still giggling.  I was helping Grace get ready for bed this evening and handed her her Jammies, at which point she casually removes her pants and unveils.......my underwear!  The kid had, at some point in the day rummaged through my dresser and put on my underpants.  Now at the risk of TMI and my own embarrasement it's only fitting to include that these were not my Granny Panties, and as I giggled uncontroleably and tried to gain enough composure to demand she take them off at once, she simply looks at me and calmly explains that she can not take them off because (to paraphrase a 4yr old  here) she would then be exposed.  Given the general style of the garment this reasoning was essentially moot and only caused me to laugh that much harder.

This is not the first time something like this has happened.  Last summer Jamie and I and the girls were making a trip to our local Hardware store and about halfway there Grace pipes up and says, "so, Mom?  It's ok that I wore your Crocs right?"  I looked into the backseat to find that she indeed had worn my Crocs, which on her looked like something she'd bought from BoBo The Clowns Footwear Department for the  freakishly gifted.  These were also the only shoes we had with us for her, so she spent the entire time we were there picking out paint, flopping up and down the isles like a Scuba Diver on parade.

Grace has decided that I should take her to a Spa because she "really really wants to have a mud bath".  I tried to remind her that this is a common occurance for her in the Spring and Summer but never the less she is quite adament.  She is becomming a bit of a "girlie girl" often applying my hand cream and then asking me if she smells nice and yesterday she was going around looking for the "Air Confreshener" to freshen up our house.

This morning started out early with an unexpected visitor that Jamie had to pursuade off of our property.  A coyote had apparently decided that steak would make a great start to the day, and while we really couldn't disagree, particularly with a side of Grace's bubbly eggs,  we were not about to let him sample our wares.  He was in amongst the herd when Jamie went out to try to scare him off, and he was in no hurry to leave.  The poor cattle have been spooky all day jumping and startling at every little sound, our puppy Max likes to go out and harrass them every once in a while, to which the cattle rarely pay him any mind.  Today Max got a surprise to find the already rattled herd poised and ready for battle.  He quickly returned to the safety of our deck. 




ALIENS AMONG US, CAN YOU SEE WHO'S TRYING TO BLEND IN?.....

OUR BULL ENJOYING THE SUN (HARD TO GET A GOOD SHOT OF HIM FROM ON OUR HILL, BUT HE TOWERS OVER OUR CATTLE AND WEIGHS APPX 2400LBS.  GRACE AFFECTIONATELY CALLS HIM "BULLY"
The words Acidic and Alkaline foods have been circulating in our home all afternoon following Jamie's visit with the eye doctor this afternoon.  He has been having issues with blocked oil ducts causing infection in his eyes and will apparently require some minor surgery and dietary to correct this.  According to the Dr. this is caused by his body being too Acidic and it is caused by eating acidic foods and being exposed to chemicals ( Crop Spray, Diesel Fumes, Amonia from the cattle urine and more are all occupational hazards) .  It all sounds like a relatively easy fix and surgery as I said is minor, however he is not allowed to be near dust for 2 weeks post surgery, while I've been looking for a good excuse to dust my house, this is not an option in the barn, perhaps we will be like the Country song Mr. Mom.

We wrapped up this evening by having Jamie's parents over to a Baked Bean supper with Multi-Grain biscuits and Strawberry/Rhubarb Crisp (apparently a relatively Alkaline meal), and of course shared in Graces amusement by, and references to, the after effects of such a meal.  Then before Grace retired for the night, she and I built an "Amazing Grace" style Lego Castle and read a Noah's Ark book.

PIANO LESSON (A BIT LIKE THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND:-)


THE BIG RACE (THERE'S ALWAYS TIME FOR SOME SLEDDING)



RECIPE:

Multigrain Biscuits (sorry no pics tonight)

1 Cup White Flour
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 Cup Wheat Germ
1/4 Cup Bran
1/4 Cup Cornmeal
1/4 Cup Quick Cook Oatmeal
6tsps Baking Powder
1tsp Baking Soda
1/2tsp Creme of Tartar
1/4 Cup Mayo
3 TBSP Brown Sugar
Buttermilk (sorry, this is where I wing it, I am guessing I used appx 1.5 Cups of Buttermilk, but add it slowly until you get a consistancy you can work with.)

Turn dough out on floured board, sprinkle with some additional white flour and knead 3-4 times just enough to be able to handle the dough.  Roll to appx 1.5 inch thickness and cut into rounds, place on greased pan and cook 375 (350 for convection) until golden brown, appx 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment